Radio Free Texas

Thursday, November 05, 2009

More Ado About Not Much

Okay I have been shamed into writing a hard hitting investigative blog by the readers worldwide who pay the bills for this highly regarded and widely read blog.

So, recent Cowboy events here we go.  First up the infamous Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader picture in blackface.  In case you missed it you didn’t really miss anything.

Blackface-Whiteface-thumb-500x268

It was a Halloween Party, I saw pictures of way worse costumes online and sure I think it is dumb but gimme a break.  No story here.

Next up, the Roy threw Tony under the bus breaking story.  I watched the video and read all the quotes and just don’t see much to worry about there. 

I then went to hear what the guys Jerry pays say about the story and they didn't seem to think it was all that big of a deal either. When you get on the page find the story that says “ Roy/ Romo Controversy “. For some reason i can’t get it to link directly to the story I wanted. Listen to the first 10 minutes to hear them.

I tend to agree that Roy should have quit talking sooner but to be honest the throws from Tony to Roy have been off target for the most part and Roy has dropped 2 or 3 he should have caught.

The worst thing about it all is that now the national sports guys wanna turn it into TO Chapter 2.  I feel like Tony and Roy won’t let that happen and what you may not hear about is they worked after practice to try and correct whatever problems they have.

So far this week no words of wisdom? have been heard from Jerry and thats always a great thing.

As for the football game itself.  It’s Cowboys vs Eagles, anything from greatness to sickness could occur.  Nobody last year thought the Good Guys would lose 44-6 against the iggles.  Stuff happens.  This is a road game, against a hated division rival.  It’s big.  BUT…it is not the be-all, end-all of football games.  No matter who wins it doesn’t guarantee that they go on to the Super Bowl.  No matter who loses it doesn’t mean they go into the Toilet Bowl.

I could list all the 5 things the Boys need to do to win lists and all the 3 most important things to watch for lists too, but in the end it won’t matter.  Footballs bounce funny and those lists never seem to account for things like that.  Just outscore them.

Oh yeah, as more proof of my superior investigative skills I searched and looked through thousands of cheerleader pictures to show ya’ll what the offending cheerleader looks like normally.

QP6ibxGWe2fl

See I told you I thought her costume was dumb…she should have just went as a Cowboys Cheerleader.

later….Poke

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very well said. There hasn't been a STORY in Dallas this season so the media is fabricating one. I just hope they don't fall for it. I kinda like the team flying under the radar. They seem more like a football team than a side act at the circus. So I hope Roy and Romo NEVER get on the same page if it means winning every game!