Radio Free Texas

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Firm Grasp of The Incredible Obvious

I don’t usually subject the loyal readers of this blog to stats.  We all know the old saying about statistics…"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.”  This week however there is a stat that may prove useful in predicting what the Heroes of our Youth may do against that football team from D.C.

The redskins are ranked 1st in the NFL against the pass, hard to believe I know but trust me I checked it out on the O-fficial NFL website and we all know the stuff you read on the internetz is true.

Those same redskins are ranked 24th against the RUN.  Do you see where I might be going with this ?  Now one of the strengths of our beloved Boys of the Blue Star Commune is supposed to be the ability to run the football.  The Good Guys have not one good runner but three !  They also have some of the biggest lineman this side of a herd of buffalo.  Could it possibly be a good idea to line them big uglies up and tell em to just knock the crap outta the guy across from them and let our 3 headed running back committee just run them into the ground ? 

I will be the first to admit I don’t know as much about football as The Redheaded Genius (Jason Garrett for you casual fans), nor am I privy to all the double secret inside info I would need to know in order to formulate a game plan for an NFL game.

BUT…knowing we have a starting lineman out with injury,  knowing that 3 things can happen when you throw a football and 2 of them are bad, knowing that you cannot let the other team have the ball for 30 minutes while you only have it for 15 like happened in Green Bay and knowing that you only scored one stinking touchdown last week and that was late in the game throwing the ball all day long, a person MIGHT consider that MAYBE The Guys With A Star On Their Helmets COULD POSSIBLY run the ball a little bit more this week.  Like Wades daddy (Bum Phillips for the casual fan ) said when asked if The Great Earl Campbell got tired carrying the football 30 times in a game…" No, it ain’t that heavy.

Now if any of ya’ll who read this can get Red Jesus (Jason Garrett for the casual fan) to look at this very enlightening, insightful and informative commentary I would appreciate it.  If not I fear I will have to try and be the mature one after Sunday trying to calm myself and the other Cow fans down.  That usually doesn’t work out to well.

later…Poke

6 comments:

Brad said...

I'm SOOOOO happy you used "internetz" properly. It should be plural. Didn't Al Gore invent one too???

JG said...

I know who Wades daddy is and the Red headed Jesus also.Does that mean I am more than a casual fan?

Anonymous said...

uh-oh JG ?? is it really you ?
if its you i didnt mean anything bad with all the comments, really i didnt. anyone who knows wades daddy and the one of the many nicknames for our super smart, offensive coordinator is more than a casual fan. oh yeah if its the REAL JG feel free to leave me some tickets at will call.

Unknown said...

I would probably let each RB run for 3 downs then bring the next one in to let the other 2 breathe. I would probably run on 3rd an 10 as well. I like your game strategy. Make it so.

Big Bro' said...

24th against the run? Logic says run but now they know we are thinking run so JG knows they know we know they know. Now logic goes out the window.

poke said...

okay so the Boys can and did run the heck out of the football.
didnt score any points doing it though cuz of marions fumble and our propensity to make penalties when something good happens.
then we pass our way all the way down the field to score our only TD against one of the best pass defenses.
football is a funny game and what we think should work doesnt always work the way we think it will.
good thing for me i dont do this stuff for a living.