Radio Free Texas

Monday, November 23, 2009

Gotta Be Quick This Week

Congrats to the Cowboys for their win in a high scoring, scintillating victory over the hated redskins…ohhh wait they won 7-6 ?  Ok , I don’t care.  Put that W over there with the other 6 W’s, add em up and tell yourself 7 wins is better than 6 wins.  I wouldn’t care if they beat them 2 to 0.  Problems ? Sure the Boys have a ton of them but when you win it gives you a chance to work on them without as much pressure.

Enough of that though.  It is Thanksgiving Week.  3 days and a wake-up and they get to do it all again.  No time for much fussin or cussin about old games even if they aren’t a week old yet.  So if ya wanna get in a few comments about the last game do it quickly.

I am already thinking about the game Thursday against the Raiders.  If i wasn’t worried enough they up and play a good game Sunday and beat the Bengals.  Hopefully that makes an impression on our Heroes and they don’t show up thinking about Turkey and Dressing and Pecan Pies.

It doesn’t make me feel any better knowing that the Cowboys, those defenders of all things Good and Pure have never…NEVER beaten those dark, dastardly, devious, despicable Raiders at home.  Never.  Go ahead look it up, I did.  We also ( i use that term to imply i have some official tie with the Cowboys, which of course i don’t, i just spend my money on them and worry about them ) have a losing record against them believe it or not.

So you see times a wasting, look not backward at what was ugly, instead cast your eyes forward to what will be a glorious Thanksgiving Day battle, where the forces of Good  ( that would be US !) defeat the black and silver forces of Evil ( that would be them).

Besides, I already have the tailgate menu lined up and a lot of people going to the game so I am ready right now !!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm bringing beer, lots of it.

poke said...

see like I said, the tailgate menu is set !

Big Bro' said...

I saw it at 3-0, I saw it at 6-0, I saw it at 6-7, I saw the end of the game. I knew The Cowboys won. About four hours later I looked at scores and was surprised when I saw the score, The Cowboys won. So why didn't it feel like they won?

Bubby said...

Did we win ,or they just lost ?