Radio Free Texas

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Things To Know Before Your Pilgrimage to the Cathedral

I really am going to start posting original stuff on here as soon as the season starts, until then not so much.

Things To Know Before Your Pilgrimage to the Cathedral

5:30 PM Wed, Sep 02, 2009 |  | Yahoo! Buzz
Larry Dunaway/Guest Blogger    Bio |  E-mail  |  News tips
So yeah this a Cowboys Stadium blog. Tons of stories about video boards, high priced concessions, first impressions, air conditioned football in Texas (thank you), and opinions on everything .
I live in Arlington and I am getting a lot of questions about where to stay, eat and park. I don’t stay in Arlington hotels, I usually eat in places close to the part of town I live in and as far as parking all I can say is be ready to either pay a lot of money or walk a bit. (and still pay a bit )
I did do some research ( search engines are research aren’t they?) and found some places where you can get information that just might come in handy when you get ready to head for Cowboys Stadium. Most of this information can be found at the Cowboys website but I know how most folks hate to click around looking so I did it for you.
Wanna know which hotels and restaurants are close to the Stadium ?

Everything from A to W, from the Cowboys Guest Services site ( there was no Z )

Need information about parking, what’s allowed, what’s not ?

Now that you bought some of that expensive parking, where the heck is it ?

What’s the best way to get from here to there ? (customized directions to your parking from the Cowboys site, not from me. Please remember that if you end up in Oklahoma.)

Another thing to remember is to look on your ticket to see what entry you are supposed to use. I think the Stadium staff is going to enforce that and by knowing where you are supposed to go in you might not have to make a trip around the “biggest room in the world.” ( Jerry said it, not me) Entrances are lettered A-K, except I couldn’t find an I entrance. 

That last link is to a Cowboys message board that also has a lot of good information and since i linked to it I feel an obligation to include a link to their home page. 
 
I also just read in the newspaper that you can catch a bus in Fort Worth and ride it to the Stadium for 5 dollars, plus 5 dollars if you park in the T parking lot.
I am sure before the first real game the DMN will put together a much more detailed and informative package of information to help everybody out but for you folks who have to know and you have to know right now so you can make your plans I hope this comes in handy.
Hopefully this information will help all the visitors to our fair city and maybe even a few from here who might not be familiar with the new digs in Arlington. So get on out there, but please remember, BE LOUD when the other team has the ball, and BE QUIET when the Cowboys have the ball.

No comments: