Radio Free Texas

Friday, September 11, 2009

Bring it ON !

I am so ready to see the 2009 Cowboys !

I have read, seen, speculated, postulated, cussed and discussed this years team till I am blue in the face. Who the heck knows what we got ? Ya gotta play the games, real games to know what kind of team you’re gonna have. We have finally arrived at that point.

So what if this Sunday our Heroes play in Tampa, I have to get my tailgate gear in order. I will be setting up in the driveway just to see what works and what needs replacing. See which folding chairs rotted since last year. To be honest the ones i took to the last game at Texas Stadium probably need replacing just to keep the STINK of that game away from the new digs.

Hopefully the canopy can make it another season, the Stadium may be air-conditioned but I know the parking lot will be just as hot in Arlington as it was in Irving. Folding tables that haven’t been unfolded since last year may be a little cantankerous too.

The Freedom Grill should be just fine and so should the 20 foot flagpole, which sports the Texas Flag and the Cowboys flag so I can find my SUV when I wander off to look at the other fanatics with their blue painted faces.

The menu for the first home game will be a simple one. I don’t plan on being in the parking lot when they unveil the Ring of Honor or the midfield Star or anything else. Maybe some Zummo Party Time sausages and tortillas and cheese. Of course there will be homemade salsa, just as HOT as I can make it. Cold beverages are a given, gotta stay hydrated !

Time to see if the Cathedral is as bad as I have been reading as far as poor sound and even poorer game info on the scoreboards. I am really hoping it’s not but to be honest I never listened to the stadium announcer at Texas Stadium anyway. The scoreboard stuff is important though so I wanna see how that works out.

I could have already gone and seen all that but I have already mentioned how much I dislike the exhibition games. Truth be told I already had my mind made up not to go see The Heroes until the game counted. After the stomach turning loss to the Ravens to close down Texas Stadium they owe the fans a more inspired effort and I knew I wouldn’t see that during preseason.

So after a weekend full of watching college games and then last nights NFL game I can’t wait to see Wade and the Boys show us what they got this year.

No comments: