Radio Free Texas

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Do People Really Expect Cowboys to Win Big Everytime ?

I may read too much.

After the game, which the Boys did win in spite of what you may read about how sorry they looked, I checked out my favorite message board for reaction.

WOW...Cowboy fans seem to be losing their ever-loving minds.


I thought I would read about how awesome our running game looked, especially since our # 3 running back had to carry the load in the 2nd half. NOPE, what i read was idiots, I mean fans crying about Felix being made of glass and injury prone. Silly me, I thought he had a knee sprain and the team was playing it smart and not risking him since Choice seemed to be handling things pretty well.

I then looked for the talk about how our secondary, which had gotten torched by the Giants seemed to be improved since they held Steve Smith to 4 catches and about 40 yards. Once again i was surprised to see that SOME people thought we played "too soft" and let the Panthers complete too many easy passes. REALLY ??

It makes me wonder if I am watching the same game as those people.

Now I will admit that I too was scratching my head in amazement when the RHG (red headed genius...Jason Garrett) called for the 2 fade passes on the goal line. I kind of thought the first one was okay in a catch em napping sorta way. 9 times out of 10 RW catches that and everybody is high fiving and happy. The second attempt seemed forced and after it failed I thought maybe we should have just tried to run the ball in. Not necessarily right up the middle which seemed clogged but maybe something around the corner.

200 plus yards of rushing, winning the field position battle, a stingier defense that seemed to play with some intensity, being ahead in the turnover count made it seem like a game we would have won when ol Bill Parcells was here. Not pretty, not dominating in the sense that by halftime we could all just eat, drink and casually watch the game. But dadgum not all gloom and doom either.

I know the Panthers are now 0-3. I dont care, they have some very good players, a very good coach and before the year is over some teams are gonna find themselves losing to them. Its the NFL, the big leagues, you don't often beat teams by 14 points and still get criticized. Well if you are the Guys with the Blue Stars you do apparently.

I gotta stop reading so much. later Poke

3 comments:

Brad said...

I'm with you about Felix. He was walking and riding the bike, doesn't mean he can make cuts, but it was probably precautionary to keep him out.

Although Butler had fresh legs in the 4th quarter, do you think we'll see him get in on some passing situations?

Why is Baby Carpenter playing? I'm not sure he could tackle a small child if he had to.

When are Cowboy fans going to learn to SHUT UP when "The Good Guys" are on offense, especially in a goal line situation??? Cheer after they've scored!!!

Brad said...

Wow, this is not my blog, maybe I should shorten my comments.

poke said...

im guessing after last night we will see more of Butler and sooner.

Bobby Carpenter (to steal a line I had texted to me during the game) is dead to a lot of fans, there was one play there where I think he was trying to keep the runner in bounds but yeah he avoids contact like the U.S.A. is trying to avoid the H1N1.

I have given up hope that our fans will ever learn to not scream when our offense is trying to score.

I graciously offer all the space you need so keep those cards and letters and long comments coming.