Radio Free Texas

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Looks Like We Are Not Just Americas Team




What a game !! That was sooo intense that it was almost hard to enjoy. It was
actually Monday morning before I stopped being nervous about that game. ( and that
was only after I watched it on TV again to make sure it wasn't a dream.)

5 lead changes, an opposing runner who had 3 TD's against our great defense,
a wide open Dante Hall getting the pass on the 24 yard line WITH enough time
for the Chiefs to kick a field goal to tie the game. I was as nervous as a
long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.( I had to work in at least one old timers saying, and that ones nicer than the other one I know about a "lady" in church.)

Not to mention that there were about 15,000 Chiefs fans there doing their best
to pretend it was their Home field. Every time the Boys had the ball at one end of
the field they made way too much noise. Especially the one sitting right in front
of me. He was a nice guy and all that. He just didn't realize that I didn't want to be
friends with a Chiefs fan for those 3 1/2 hours. I admit it. I am a bad sport.
Always have been, I try not to be, but it doesn't look like I am going to outgrow
that bad habit anytime soon. I couldn't stand the idea of having to tell him good game if the Cowboys had lost. I would have done it but I wouldn't have enjoyed it.
(okay maybe I wouldn't have done it but I like to think I might have).

Anyway, it was an awesome place to be Sunday afternoon. Fun game to watch.
Even the halftime show was cool with kids and dancers and fireworks and THE
CHEERLEADERS dressed like Santas helpers. Fireworks. LOUD , OBNOXIOUS FANS, (ours mainly ), crowded parking lots, cool enough to feel like football weather.
AND...some fat guy with a white beard who apparently likes the Cowboys better than
the Chiefs and gave us all an early Christmas present when he H0-HO-Ho'ed so loud
that it blew that last second field goal attempt.....WIDE RIGHT.

Later this week i will look at who needs to beat who to help us out the most in the playoff race but for now I am just beginning to really enjoy Sundays game.

ITS beginning to look a lot like Christmas..........later Poke

No comments: