Radio Free Texas

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Wish List # 2

Okay, so wish list # 1 didn't work out so well.
That doesn't mean I don't still believe in miracles, and a miracle
is what it is going to take for our beloved Cowboys to get into the playoffs now.
Well not a miracle really but a lot of things are going to have to happen
for this season to not end on New Years Night against St. Louis.
For an extremely well researched explanation of the NFL playoff system
and all the tie-breakers and strength of victory calculations and possible
scenarios I suggest you click to this link and read until your head spins
and your eyes burn while your stomach twists into tight knots.

CowboysZone

Start with post # 1 and go until you get tired of it. Post # 1 has been written,
edited, proofed, cussed and discussed. I am pretty sure it is correct because
there are some very sharp folks on that message board who spend a lot of time
making sure the info posted is correct. I say I am pretty sure because I am not
smart enough to know 100% that all their info is correct.

OR....you can not go there and just read my Christmas Wish List # 2 ( which is actually going to end up being # 2 of a 3 part series...which I guess comes from
me listening to sooo many Baptist preachers ) anyway I digress.

Here I go..List 2.

1. Dallas beats Carolina..without this one , the rest lose a lot of significance.
2. Atlanta beats Tampa Bay...this may be disputed by some but bear with me, remember
I intend on using my 3 wishes in list form.
3. New York Giants beat Washington....and no this isn't only because the redskins
beat us so bad last week.
4. Baltimore beats Minnesota...believe me, any other time I wouldn't care what
Baltimore does.
See, its a short, easy to remember, very possible list.
This week we all have to be Cowboy-Falcons-Giants-Ravens Fans.Heck if I had the money
I would go buy those 3 teams jerseys and wear them under my Cowboys stuff.(turned
inside out of course cuz I really don't like any of them but I would wear them.)

If this list works out, Dallas would be 9-6, Carolina 10-5, Atlanta 9-6, Tampa Bay
9-6, New York 11-4 , Washington 8-7, Baltimore WHO-CARES, and Minnesota 8-7.
At this point I am conceding the NFC East to NY Giants, the NFC North to Chicago,
the NFC West to Seattle and trying to set Carolina up to win the NFC South while
still keeping the Pokes in good shape for a wild-card spot.

There are still a few details that will need to be taken care of in the last week
of the season of course but lets take this one week at a time to avoid confusion.
I don't multi-task well so I limit my worries to one week at a time. Stay Tuned.
later.........poke

2 comments:

poke said...

dang i had a hard time getting that link to work...i still believe
that only Bill Gates and Michael Dell really understand how computers really work.

Anonymous said...

I have a solution to all your "ifs, ands or buts" regarding the the playoffs. It's really simple and it doesn't involve any other team. You don't have to concern yourself with petty things like hoping some team beats some other team. If the Cowboys won like 12 or 13 games wouldn't everything be much more simple?