Radio Free Texas

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Glimpse Inside a Troubled Mind

I have a rule about my blog posts.  I usually won’t write one until 24 hours have passed because I really don’t want everybody to see how fickle and faint hearted this long time, true blue, Cowboys fan can be.  It’s a good rule.

Rules are however made to be broken so I jotted down quick notes during the game.  Actually I put them in my notes section of my phone.  It seemed to help calm my nerves during this game although I will probably not do it again because it would be a shame to throw a perfectly good phone through a perfectly good TV set and it came perilously close to that on more than one occasion tonight.

So, my in game thoughts are written first and then after the game I added calmer thoughts.  Those are in parentheses.  Oh yeah I might have cleaned up some spelling but NO I don’t really worry too much about punctuation and whatnot.  Remember what I said earlier about rules ?  So here ya go, enjoy, be kind to those who share their innermost thoughts with you.

No consistent run game (thank you Felix for cranking it up late in game)
No wide receiver that can get open ( Dez did on that last drive)
Wide receivers that fumble (Ogletree did not make my list of favorite Cowboys during this game)
Run worst running back on 3rd and 1. ( Fiammetta in case you’re not sure because I know a lot of people would think Choice.)
No pass rush ( the longer the game went on the better our rush got)
conservative play calling due to wide receiver inexperience
Opposing kickers never miss ( not long after this Washington had the dropped snap )
First 3rd down pickup came in 3qtr? ( heard announcers say this, never sure if they know what they are talking about)
On td drive after interception in 3rd  quarter defense looked vanilla except vanilla would be more solid ( so by now I am getting mad and discouraged)
Still no pass rush  (we really weren't at this point, even Grossman was looking like a good NFL QB and we all know that’s not the case)
Ogletree is a good 3rd receiver sadly he was starting and trying to fill role of a #1 cuz Dez was just being used as a decoy ( my opinion only I have no idea if that’s what the Boys were doing or if he was just not open or if Romo didn’t have time to throw to him after chasing down errant snaps from Costa.
Costa is said to have short arms he also must have ridden the short bus ( ok that’s just me being mean…but really 4 early snaps ?)
I've been opposed to 4 preseason games but now I think they should play 8 so the boys can learn their jobs and their teammates names (at this point I am trying to humor myself because I am afraid our end is near and I really hate how I am going to feel if The Good Guys lose this game)
Too many penalties ( and not enough called on Redskins)
Stupid play calling in red zone ( I am sticking with this thought even though I also realize it doesn’t matter what play is called if the receivers don’t know what to do, maybe give Tony a dry erase board and let him diagram where they go before every play ? )
How do u not call holding when their offensive lineman shoestring tackles Ware ?  ( still bewildered by that non call)
Good job Felix  ( he was running strong late in the game and I should add good job O-line and fullback too)
Good job Tony on dropping back 20 yards to give Dez time to work himself open.  ( sad he has to do it that way)
Good job Dez who I think was more hurt than we know
Does every game have to come down to a kicker ?? (after seeing the graphic on TV that’s said 9th consecutive game decided by 3 points or less I guess it does…I can live with it as long as the Heroes win !)

Good job Heroes of My Wasted Youth, a win is a win and especially when so many good players are hurt .  later Poke

3 comments:

mikey said...

I think you're right about Dez. He was able to run some routes and make some cuts early but then that thigh bruise started bothering him and all he could do was occupy a DB in hopes somebody else could get open. Oh, and next time take notes on your laptop. It does more damage when thrown thru the TV plus you still have a phone to call the repair people.

Bubby said...

Splain the short arms/early snap excuse for Costa

larry said...

There is no excuse for Costa's early snaps.
One of the complaints about Costa was that he had short arms, possibly making it harder for him to block as well against d-linemen who have longer arms.
The short arm-short bus comment was an attempt at humor based on those previous scouting reports.