Radio Free Texas

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Calmer now

Maybe there should be a rule that says fans cant put stuff on the world wide internet bookface until at least 36 hours after a game their team plays.

Look at all the bandspace that could have been saved just by eliminating all the…cut Romo, Romo is a bum, Romo=Oh NO, diatribes.

I will be the first to admit it killed me seeing the fumble and the interception. Just killed me.  I also admit I too have those moments where I question whether this team can get to where WE want them to be.

BUT, I gotta admit I liked a lot, actually most, of what I saw Sunday night.  I am not claiming a moral victory here or nothing like that.  The Good Guys had it won and then dropped, threw and kicked it away.  They have got to learn how to finish the game.

Be honest though.  Did you really expect our guys to come out and look as good as they did ?  Touchdown on first drive,  attacking defense for most of the game good ??

I sure didn’t.  I said before my confidence was wavering and to my surprise the Boys actually were in this game and taking the Jets to the woodshed.

Then of course all the things that can happen did.  Injuries, penalties, mistakes.  At one point I actually had to count on my hand to figure out what string one of our cornerbacks was on the depth chart.  Luckily I still have all my fingers cuz it was a 5th string guy.

After the adrenaline stopped flowing, after cussing and discussing the failure of Tony, after asking why Witten didn’t appear to make more of an effort to actually fall into the end zone and not go out of bounds, after the disbelief of seeing the punt blocked I came to a realization.  I got to watch the team I love play a heckuva football game, against a good opponent, on the road, in an emotionally charged situation.  I am so glad football is back.

Remember, what happened last week is not as important as what happens this week in the NFL.  How our guys come out and play after that loss will tell me more about what this team might do this year than that lost game will.  As the man said, a wild ride is usually best !

later,Poke

1 comment:

Bubby said...

Nobody remembers what you did "right",just all the things you did "wrong"!