Radio Free Texas

Sunday, October 02, 2011

A History Making Blog

Todays edition of this blog started out great.  I was writing at home. The words were just piling up and the other bloggers couldn’t keep up with me.  It looked like I had an insurmountable lead.  I had never written better.  I was scoring points with great ideas and awesome turns of phrase.

I wasn’t letting the other bloggers score any points as I shut them down with ease, everything they tried I outwitted them with style and grace.  If there was a “mercy rule” for blogging the writing would have been stopped halfway through this blog.

Then I took a short break, got a drink, listened to my blog coaches, devised a magnificent plan for the last of the blog.  Came back to finish this blog off and ride off into the sunset victorious with my fans cheering and telling me how great I was.

Then I goofed.  I threw in a poorly worded phrase.  Oh well I thought, that one phrase won’t hurt me even if the other bloggers capitalize on my mistake.

Amazingly my concentration must have faltered at that point because the very next paragraph I did the same exact thing.  With the same results, the other bloggers scored off my mistake.

Undaunted I wrote on, I still had a huge lead over the lowly bloggers chasing me, they haven’t been good in years I told myself.  My blog coach told me to keep throwing wild phrases out there.  So I did.  Sadly I slipped up again.  Mistakes seemed to be catching up to me at every turn.

Then the other bloggers started writing better than me.  They couldn’t be stopped it seemed.  One in particular appeared to be almost Superman-like in his ability to just grab phrases out of mid-air and nothing I did could keep him from it.

Before you knew it my huge lead in the blogging contest was gone, I was so stunned I couldn’t think straight.  Nothing I tried worked anymore and the other bloggers pressured me into even more bad writing.

I had one last chance to redeem myself, time was running out.  By this point though all my supporting bloggers also seemed to be bewildered.  My last gasp at writing the perfect ending to a superb blog came crashing to halt as I caught a phrase in my mind and then unexpectedly I just turned off the computer without trying to write it down.

I’ve never seen anything like this in all my years.  Well, that’s not totally true…I may have seen something eerily similar just today in fact as I watched the Heroes of My Youth.  later Poke

3 comments:

Big Bro' said...

Good, good, good...maybe your best composition ever.

Bub said...

I have a rule about my blog posts. I usually won’t write one until 24 hours have passed because I really don’t want everybody to see how fickle and faint hearted this long time, true blue, Cowboys fan can be. It’s a good rule.

poke said...

hahaha yes it is a good rule !

thanks bro !