Radio Free Texas

Thursday, September 22, 2011

That’s Life In The NFL

Wow, what a game.  I griped and complained the whole time.  From the poor offensive showing to the weak secondary play to the missing of chip shot field goals and even about the stupid announcers.

Fear set in about the time Kitna threw that second interception and all I could see was another poor start to this season just like last years.  I admit it, these guys have me spooked.  I no longer am able to watch a game and thing “ they got this.”  Too many times last year they tricked me, no way I’m falling for this again.

Until.  Somebody flipped a switch, the defense started getting off the field after 3 downs.  Romo went into the phone booth and came out in his Superman suit.  Miles Austin showed us why Jerry gave him that big contract. 

Slowly but surely they sucked me back in.  A week after dying seeing the Jets win I was back to thinking, if this happens, and then if that happens, and then if we can just….and amazingly it all did.

The Good Guys were hurt, shorthanded, playing out of town, behind in the 4th quarter only a week after blowing a 4th quarter lead.  Yet I fell hook,line and sinker for their chances to win.

I knew somehow it had to come down to the rookie kicker after he missed that first kick.  When he made the 48 yarder I started thinking that maybe he had found his groove but knowing that usually Cowboy kickers blow it.

I think they won it when the 49’ers won the toss for OT because that put the Cowboy defense on the field and they got the stop. 

I can’t blame the 49er safety for biting on that play fake cuz I figured that’s exactly what we would do.  Run the ball, get a little more room to operate, try to work our way down and then suffer through a nerve wracking field goal attempt.

More magic.  Jesse Holley, the guy from a reality show gets behind everybody and Tony(bless his heart) Romo nailed him with a perfect pass.  Of course the way Holley was holding the ball had me waiting for something bad to happen.  Him getting tackled was the least of my worries.  I just didn’t want the ball to slip, or bounce off his knee, or somehow fly straight up into the air to be snatched up by an evil 49er.  I was almost relieved when he just got tackled close to the goal line.  Lately those kind of plays havent been ending good for the Boys of the Blue Star Commune.

Luckily more excitement was still to come because who knew what Garrett was going to try.  The ball was on the 1 yard line, maybe he thought another double-triple wide receiver reverse screen toss, pitch, stumble would be just the thing to fool the 49ers.

A field goal.  By our rookie kicker. Its up. Its good.  Breathe now.

I love football, even when its killing me.  later Poke 

1 comment:

Bubby said...

I luv wild rides