Radio Free Texas

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Almost Perfect…subtitled 2 out of 3 ain’t Bad.

So yeah it’s Wednesday and I am just now blogging about the past week.  That was a big disappointment to me and it took me a couple of days to think about it.  I had a great football weekend, first I went and saw UT beat Nebraska and that was great.  I mean where else can you see a football and THIS ???

escalade

Sunday morning I had a chance to tour the Stadium with my son and that was GREAT. 

larry_dunaway

We got to punt, pass and kick footballs on the field.  I kicked a 25 yard field goal through these goal posts.  My punt came nowhere near the big screen TV over our heads.  They fed us, gave us stuff to drink, had old players there to sign autographs…FREE. Life was good.

DSC05520

Rushed home to watch our Heroes beat them yankee Giants.  It started out great, 10-0.  Then the wheels fell off.  Flag football defense, a fumble by a player whose heart I have never doubted.  A mistake by a young linebacker who let his guy catch a 4 yard pass and turn it into a 74 yard TD.  A punt return for another TD because Patrick Watkins forgot how to tackle.  An offensive line that misses Columbo more than we realized.  A field goal kicker who missed more field goals than a fat 53 yr old man did on this day.

Luckily I still see the big picture.  It aint over till its over.  (yogi berra).  That loss just opened up the whole can’t win in December can of worms.  Sometimes it’s hard to get them worms back in that can.  I think the Cowboys will do just that  but remember I grew up losing my school ice cream money betting on the Boys.

Every week is different.  Who would have dreamed the Saints would need OT to beat the redskins ?  Or that Oakland would beat Pittsburgh ?  There is still plenty of time to panic or meltdown.  I am just not there yet.  See me after this Sunday.  later Poke

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've come to the conclusion that I don't want the Cowboys to win the division. I want them to back into the playoffs. This team has done the most damage when it goes into the game feeling like the underdog. After this week, Philly will probably take over the division lead. So maybe then we will get that underdog swagger and find a way to beat the Saints the following week.