Radio Free Texas

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Preseason: A Lose-Lose Situation ?

I have been doing some moonlighting blogging on the Dallas Morning News

Cowboys Stadium blog so this is just a repost from there.

August 24, 2009


Preseason: A Lose-Lose Situation ?

8:25 PM Mon, Aug 24, 2009 | | Yahoo! Buzz
Larry Dunaway/Guest Blogger Bio | E-mail | News tips

I may be the only one who feels this way. I have no clue if the players or coaches feel the way I do. I am fairly certain Mr. Jones doesn't feel the way I do. I can only speak as a season ticket holder who has never liked nor ever will like the fact that in order to buy season tickets I have to buy (and pay full frazzling price) tickets to the preseason games.

I consider myself a good, devoted, true blue and forever fan of the Dallas Cowboys. I watch the draft to see who is picked to help the Good Guys, I follow blogs and message boards for any and all news about the Boys of the Blue Star fraternity, heck I even named one of my children Dallas.

I have gone to training camp and the open practice they held last year. I am NOT according to anyone who knows me a casual or bandwagon fan.

I understand the coaches need to see their guys go against somebody besides their teammates to get an idea of who needs to work on what. I will admit that, what was once called "exhibition" games probably do serve some good purpose in the grand scheme of things.

I just don't want to HAVE to buy the tickets for one of them. If I didn't have to I would probably end up going to at least one of them. Hey us tailgaters need to work out any bugs or kinks in our gear from year to year. This year especially, I need to get a feel for best parking spots, best way in and out, which fellow tailgater has the best food and where the closest restroom is.

So, am I alone? How does the rest of the entire universe feel about this?
I apologize for my first blog about Cowboys Stadium not actually being about Cowboys Stadium. Sometimes you just need to get things off your chest, at least that's what the therapist I am seeing about my obsession with all things Silver and Blue told me.

No comments: