Radio Free Texas

Monday, November 28, 2011

2 For The Price Of One Blog Sale

To honor the holiday shopping season I offer a two-fer.  This edition of this tired old blog will cover not one but two games.  Both victorious at that !  What a bargain and you didn’t have to camp out in front of any store.  You’re welcome.

First the game against the deadskins.  I was both amazed and ecstatic that their kicker missed 2 !! field goal attempts.  It seems like that never happens against the Boys.  I was afraid it would turn into the kind of game that it was.  The games against them always do.  Romo and Robinson seemed like they were looking at different game plans most of the day.  Thank goodness Jason Witten found that second gear he seemed to have misplaced for so long.  That was a sweet touchdown, especially considering that was DeAngelo Hall chasing him.

Second, the Turkey day game against the Dolphins.  I needed the Heroes to win this one.  I still had a bad taste from the last time they played us on Thanksgiving Day and beat us 40-21.  To make things worse a stupid Dolphin fan started crawling around under my seat after the game so he could grab those plastic souvenir cups and he got mouthy when I told him to get the heck away from my stuff.

This was truly a game to be thankful for, even before the game even started.  We had 11 of our family at this one and had the best tailgate ever.  Shrimp gumbo, home made beer, good music playing, plenty of room for everybody and beautiful weather.  Not to mention that one of the 11 was our 2 month old granddaughter so it was heaven on earth.

 IMG_0897

IMG_0851

As for the game itself I was confident but not very comfortable about our Good Guys.  I was afraid they would be a little flat, or tired and to be honest I don’t think we saw their best game.  They did give their best effort though and the crowd was very loud and it seemed to help them pick it up a bit.

When the defense finally made that stop with about 3 minutes left I started thinking we had a shot at winning that game.  When DeMarco kept ripping off the good runs I felt even better !   To be totally honest though I didn’t feel positive until the kick went through, I looked and didn’t see any penalty flags and then looked and saw the clock at 0:00.  Then and ony then did I resume actual breathing.

The Thanksgiving weekend kind of forced me to move on and so I haven’t spent much time thinking and doing my mental analysis of the game.  I promise the serious,in depth, analytical break down of all the X’s and O’s will be resumed after the 10 day break.  Or maybe not because as long as they keep winning who the HECK CARES HOW?

hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving, later Poke

No comments: