Radio Free Texas

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Shock And Awe

My 24 hour rule got waylaid this week by the fact I have been in shock for the last 72 hours.

I didn’t see that coming.  44-7 against a team that was 5-3 and seemed to be one of the better AFC teams.  I may be a Cowboys homer but I never dreamed the Good Guys would put a whoopin like that on the Bills !

To satisfy those who need a critique, we did allow their running back to gain over 100 yards, of course about half of that was when the score was out of hand and we were not overly concerned about the run game beating us.

It was nice getting the lead and then running the clock out by running the ball Effectively !  That’s exactly how the Heroes of My Youth used to do it and also how the Triplets era team did it too.

So now that I have had 3 full days of bliss, I need to fire up my ulcer machine and start to worry about this weeks game.  Sure I know the redskins are 3-5.  I know they have a QB issue and a run game issue and a defensive issue.  I know all that.

I also know its Cowboys-redskins week.  Rip all the stats up and burn em.  Turn off the radio so the mediots telling us that the Boys should be 3 touchdown favorites are muted.  None of that matters this week.

One of Jason Garrett’s strong points is staying focused and tending to the task at hand.  He will need that trait this week to keep the Boy’s heads straight and hopefully convince the to come out and play with intensity again.

There’s a reason there is an old saying about…”any given Sunday”.  The reason is because it’s true !!!  Just because Team A beats Team C and Team C beats Team B, that doesn’t mean Team A gets a win against Team B.   Got it ?  I hope so cuz I think I nearly confused my ownself with all that logic and reasoning.

that did me in, need a nap, later Poke

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we are all elated after destroying Buffalo! I wanted to share a new website with you I think your readers would enjoy - it aggregates all of the local and national news about the Cowboys as well as all the player tweets!

www.ChatCowboys.com

Would love to get some feedback from a real Cowboys fans like yourself. A link to spread the word would also be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Sean

Thanks

Big Bro. said...

Well said Lil' Bro'.