Radio Free Texas

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Where We Are vs Where I Thought We Would Be

We are 2-3.  I thought we would be 3-2 now.

Not time to wring hands, gnash teeth, moan and roll over playing dead.  One games difference in a league where fortunes can change in the snap of an ACL or a shoulder.

Close games, all competitive, in it to the end.  Not always the best end result but so far the Good Guys have shown they can play.

I hate the mistakes, turnovers, penalties and the way our Heroes look lost at times.  I really expected a Garrett coached team to not show those tendencies.

I am not a Romophobe, nor a RomoHater.  More of a wait and see kinda guy.  The same things that make us love watching him are at times the things that make us hate watching him.

I still see the offensive line as our biggest concern.  Run blocking especially.  Pass blocking too if you think its important for your QB to have time to make all his reads AND be able to step up into the pocket and make strong throws instead of making throws where the footwork isnt right and panic is setting in.

I still think this team gets better this year.  We have been seeing the results of the lockout and now its time for the Boys to start playing like a team that should know their assignments.

Rob Ryans defense has looked great at times but then they have let me down too.  Sure that was Tom Brady last week but I don’t care.  If you have a lead and there is 2 minutes left and you give back the ball the defense has to make a play if you are gonna win close games. On that last drive I don’t think the Pats had any negative plays other than one missed pass.  That aint gonna cut it from a championship type defense.

Looking forward to the next few weeks.  I think we will see a better result. I am thinking we go 3-2 over the next 5 games, if we can steal a win in there to make it 4-1 and be 6-4 at Thanksgiving then get ready for a exciting finish !

later Poke

No comments: