Radio Free Texas

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Prediction

I don't do predictions.

For one thing I am not good at it. Secondly nobody else is either so
usually I just figure why bother.

This week is different. A bye week leaves me with too much time on
my hands.  I get tired of reading the same old stories the local
mediots have written for 2 solid weeks.

I get it, nearly everybody could run the team better than Jerry Jones.
I get it, nearly everybody could coach the team better than Wade.
I get it, all of you guys could easily throw better than Tony, block better than Flozell, catch better than Roy Williams, break up passes better than Newman, run faster than Felix and implement World Peace if somebody would just let you.

Forgive me if I think it's too soon to write off the season, fire the Coach, trade young players, and all the other asinine solutions I have read from experts and message board GM's.

I see a team that has not played up to their potential yet. I have watched as the Good Guys made mistakes, fumbled the ball, committed penalties and generally looked out of whack for 5 games. Amazingly they won 3 of those and came close to winning the other 2.

What if they play a good game ? What if the offense, defense and
special teams play a complete game ? I like our chances if that happens.

I just have a feeling we may see it this week. It's time. We had the
bye week and this week to iron out some wrinkles. Get some people over nicks and bruises. Spend time working on little things that may have been passed over during the other weeks.

Traditionally the Boys play well after a bye. The game is at home.

So here ya go....Dallas 27 Atlanta 24.

I just hope my heart can stand getting there ! later Poke

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you are right about that one. I do believe we tend to count out teams before their time. But it's going to be tough. The Cowboys would really need to win 5 out of the next 6 to have any hopes of squeaking into the playoffs. The last 4 of the last 5 games are brutal: Giants, Chargers, Saints, Philly. After last year's game putting us out with the worst loss in the JJ era, that last game might prove to be a deciding game again.

mikey said...

The falcons are overrated. Romo has more passing yards than wonder boy Ryan, their best running back only has 50 more yards than Barber but on twice as many carries. Their offense is only 18th in the NFL and defensively they're ranked lower than the Cowboys. If the Good Guys play even an average game they should win.

poke said...

so nice to see that rational fans do exist !
Que...they just need to win some games, ya never know how a season is gonna play out.

Unknown said...

I agree with what you said mikey. I just have a problem with the Cowboys playing up/down to the level of competition. Drives me nutz! There are NO easy games. And when they play against the "good" teams, it ends up being a loss at the end. Every time Romo goes back to pass I feel like a little kid watching a scary movie between my fingers. He has 6 TDs and 4 Ints. That's not a good ratio especially when you look at the fact that he didn't get difference until the last game (2 TDs - Go Austin!).

Bubby said...

Larry'well put and since I am commenting after the win,it may be a moot point but the fact the you stuck with the boys and dont buy into all the negative hype,makes you a real superfan.Its still early in the season and some of our players are still evolving.Keep up the great posts.May I quote you?

poke said...

Bubby feel free to quote, copy, or link anything you want.