Radio Free Texas

Monday, October 26, 2009

It's Getting Better



It's Getting Better
10:19 PM Mon, Oct 26, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Larry Dunaway/Guest Blogger Bio | E-mail | News tips

I already liked the Stadium. I already liked tailgating there too.

I am pleased that the experience is getting better every game. Nothing major has changed but some little tweaks have been made. Getting into the parking lot went quickly even though they have to scan your pass, having a lot of attendants probably helped or maybe the ones they have are learning how to move us in better.

I like the recycle bins placed in the parking lot. I admit I don’t do enough recycling but when it’s made easy even I don’t mind doing it.

The issues in the Stadium, like lack of info about other game scores and game statistics were remedied by putting that info on the ribbon scoreboards and two good size screens in the west endzone.

The play clocks, which some said were hard to see looked like they had been brightened up with higher intensity bulbs. I have no idea if thats correct but to me it looked brighter.

The sound in the 100 level seemed a bit better although I did still hear some echoes. I don’t expect it to sound like Bass Hall so that doesn’t bother me.

Whoever is in charge of the Big Screen and the music used to fire up the crowd seems to be getting a better feel for when to do it and when not to.

It appeared that they put less emphasis on the Cage Dancers, make your own mind up about whether that’s “better” or not.

The sun shining in through the West end had no affect on my section but it did look like it would bother those sitting in the East endzone and corner sections. I expect the Cowboys to use their curtain for the next 3:15 game. Not because it’s a major issue, just to make it a non-issue.

The results of the game are definitely better !! A Cowboys fan had to enjoy that game.

The Arlington PD seems to be doing a good job. I’m sure there will be disagreement from some over that statement but it’s based only on what I have seen. I never have any problem getting out of our Parking Lot onto Collins and heading home, the Police were getting people to walk across Collins at traffic lights, and every one of them I talked to was pleasant, informative and helpful. They also have these cool little 3 wheelers !



Those are my impressions after 3 games. Anybody feel differently ?

No comments: