Radio Free Texas

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Is it Time for the Game Yet ??

man what a long week. I have read everything about this weeks game.
I know the 4 keys to the Cowboys winning, the 5 things to look for,
the 3 downs for success, the "key matchups", I know who has guaranteed
victory and who has said "take it one week at a time". I know where
both teams are ranked, offensively and defensively.
I even read some St Louis newspaper accounts to make sure I was getting
all the info, from more than one angle.
I read an article that said..."the Cowboys win because..." followed in the
same article by "the Rams win because"....with reasons following both statements.
Man what a job that guy did straddling the fence. I think if I was his editor
i would fire him and tell him make up your mind.
Its early Sunday morning and I am sick of all the guessing and predicting and
spouting off. I am dreading turning on espn and hearing guys scream at me to get
their point about the X receiver and the cover-2 defense across.
Kickoff time cannot get here quick enough.
So get the grills fired up, whatever you drink on ice , unplug the phone,
walk the dog, and try to keep your eye off the clock cuz its only 9:15 and
gametime is nearly 3 more stinking hours away. later Poke

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

poke, i'm afraid i left you with the wrong impression in my last comment. it's not jerry jones that reads your blog, it's jerry horowitz, the guy who cleans the showers at valley ranch. he can't get you game tickets but he'll give you a guided tour of the bathrooms at valley ranch the next time you're in the area. mention my name and he'll give you some free drain hair!!

Anonymous said...

no post game wrap up?

poke said...

nope, no post game wrap up.
life sometimes gets in the way.

Anonymous said...

i need my post game wrap up!!

Anonymous said...

Little Brother, don't let these guys pressure you into something. Stand your ground. Be firm but fair.