Radio Free Texas

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It Wasn’t Meaningless To Me !! @##$&^%*^%$

Yeah I heard all the talk that said it didn’t matter if the Cowboys won after the Giants had beaten the Jets earlier Saturday.

I don’t/didn’t buy it.  It mattered.  There was still a slim chance that The Good Guys could have gotten a wild card if all the right teams lost.  It mattered,  I never like leaving a stadium after a loss.  I sure don’t like it when it looks like the team you root for is just trying to hurry up and lose and get back home to unwrap their Christmas presents.  I hope they all got a lump of coal this year !  It mattered,  thousands of people put off celebrating Christmas with families to spend several hours getting there, 100% effort isn’t asking for too much.  It mattered, I firmly believe in momentum in sports and do you really want to limp into the last game of the year, with the Division title on the line after turning in a performance like that stinker ?  It mattered and I don’t care what Jason Garrett says about “the process”, isn’t winning part of his process ?  I also heard him say ( and I paraphrase here a bit) that you have to try and take the emotion out of it , discussing the thought process of removing starters early.  Well he certainly succeeded in taking “emotion” out of it.  There was none !!#$%^^&&$%

At some point coaches have changed over the years, no coach I ever knew or was around ever played trying to not get anybody hurt or looking ahead to next weeks game. 

I bet it mattered to ole Jerry Jones too.  I didn’t see anybody lined up at the many souvenir stands after that game.  Not too many people want a memento from something that bad.  Pretty sure he lost money also when thousands of people left early meaning they weren’t buying his $5 sodas and $8 beers and $10 popcorns.

Now to be fair, if the Heroes of My Youth win in New York this week then maybe it was a smart thing to just give up and start thinking ahead.  Maybe smart but dadgummitt don’t tell me it didn’t MATTER !!!

later Poke

No comments: