Radio Free Texas

Friday, September 24, 2010

When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough…

give up ?

That’s not the way the old saying was taught to me.  I must have missed the memo that changed it.

The general consensus seems to be that the Boys of the Blue Star Commune have blown the season already.  Two games into a 16 game season all I hear is that our Cowboys are out of it. 

I don’t buy that.  Not yet.  Not even if they lose this week to the Texans.  If this was a love story you would call me a hopeless romantic.  I guess in a way it is a love story.

I just don’t understand how a fan can look forward for 8 months to a season of football and then 2 or 3 weeks into it just throw their hands up and declare it over.

If the Good Guys can get the O-line to solidify and quit making mistakes (penalties, fumbles and interceptions) this team could get on a roll.  It happens.  That's why they make them play the games on the field.

So far this edition of the team has played bad, very bad.  When you look at the stats though, the Boys have outgained their opponents in both games.  They have lost by 6 points and 7 points.  In each game there was one play that made the difference in the final score.  The fumble at Washington that got ran in for a TD and the holding call that wiped out a TD versus Chicago are what stands between being 0-2 and 2-0.

I feel like if, and that’s a mighty big IF, the Boys just start playing a little better, a little smarter the wins are going to come.  It can’t come soon enough.

Look for the team from Arlington to win at Houston this week.  I don’t predict scores but i expect to walk out of Reliant Stadium this Sunday trying to avoid getting beat up by mad Texan fans.

later, poke

1 comment:

Big Bro' said...

I've been keeping up here, I just haven't taken the time to say much, you know 7 days a week, 12 hours a night, straight nights...well you know.