Radio Free Texas

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

TGIFS

I can wait no more.  I have purposely avoided coming here and putting thoughts down about the upcoming season.  Like a teenage kid about to get his drivers license my nerves are tingling with anticipation but much like the teenagers parents I look forward to the event with some trepidation.

I have never seen the Cowboys fan base so excited about a rookie player.  It almost feels like they are putting all their proverbial eggs in one basket named Dez Bryant.  Not me.  Sorry.  This is the NFL and until you show you can do it on the field against another team I ain’t buying in. 

The Heroes of Our Misspent Youth have made a lot of changes.  10 rookies made the team.  Familiar faces like Crayton and Flozell are gone.  Last years team is just that, last years team.

As always, the most important piece of your offense are the Big Uglies. Those anonymous brawlers up front who keep the opponents away while the glamour guys run, throw or catch their way into stardom.  The Boys in Blue have a lot of question marks going into this weeks game.  2 starters from last year are hurt, I feel like only one of those 2 will play, Colombo.  How good will he be coming off a surgery ?  Flozell is gone and his replacement is going to have to prove that he can handle his starting left tackle spot.

Can Miles repeat his performance from last year ?  Can Roy Williams finally get in a good rhythm with Romo ?  Can Dez do here what he did for Okla. St ? 

Will our 3 headed running back named Barber-Jones-Choice be effective ?  I am ready to see less of Barber early and more of Barber late in the game.

Who ever really knows how a kicker is going to perform ?  They are all flakier than Lady GaGa.

The defense has had a smaller turnover of players but only at the starting level.  Our backups still have to prove the coaches right for keeping them around.

So yeah I am nervous as a lady of the night in Church but I can’t stand the waiting.  Hurry up Sunday Night !

Oh yeah and it’s against the dadgum Redskins, at their place, first game of the season…apparently I can get a little more nervous than when I started. 

later poke

No comments: