Radio Free Texas

Monday, January 11, 2010

It Got Better

So last weeks game wasn’t good enough for ya huh ?  I gotta tell you that was impressive.  It’s hard enough to beat a team twice in a season much less 3 times.  In back to back weeks makes it even more amazing. 

Sure I always pick the Cowboys to win but I would be lying if I said I never had any doubts this past week.  I knew The Heroes of Our Youth were good enough, talented enough and coached well enough to win 3 against the iggles.  I am also smart enough to know that it’s football.  That whole “any given Sunday” deal may be trite but it’s true. 

The Good Guys went a long way toward erasing that bitter taste that still lingered from the 2007 season that ended in a loss to the giants in january of 2008.  That as you well know was another time we had already beaten a team twice in one year.

I also still suffered occasional nightmares from the finale of last season where we went to filthydelphia and got our butts handed to us in a game that could have put is into the playoffs.  Beating the iggles last week was good but since it didn’t knock them out it didnt quite wipe out that bad feeling.  This week took care of that.

I was so sick of hearing that Romo and Wade couldn’t/hadn’t won a playoff game I quit listening to national sports talk on that 4 letter station from up north.  Now those guys can brush that off and concentrate on just winning the next game.

That brings me to here, plug your ears, unplug your TV or be prepared for all the Lord Favre talk I am sure we will hear from the people who get paid to talk about that stuff.  You have been warned.

So stay tuned, buckle them chin straps and I will be back later, until then, in the immortal words of Jimmy, “ how bout them Cowboys “ !

DSC05884

DSC05885

later, Poke

No comments: