Radio Free Texas

Sunday, November 12, 2006

good and bad

okay its always good to win on the road, and get different receivers involved,
and get some turnovers from your defense and be above .500.
it always is bad when you keep getting dumb penalties ( have you ever seen us get called for so many illegal picks in a year ? im old and i dont remember ever seeing
more than one a year )
its always bad when you lose a Greg Ellis. the man has just been solid every year
and this year he was getting some attention from the national media and doing a good
job in his new position.
i consider it good that on this 3 game road trip we were 2-1, and we should have/could have won that stupid game in washington.
im not gonna say its a bad that our next game is against indy..but, its not who i would have picked to play next. maybe at home we can get some home field advantage going and keep manning from changing the plays every 3 seconds at the line of scrimmage.
it is a good that we still have a reason to play, this race aint near over and the Boys just need to get better and clean up their game some.
its definitely a good that our qb can move around pretty good.
so today the goods outweigh the bads...good enough for me..bring on the colts !!
best wishes to mr. ellis, i hope its not as serious as some media folks are saying,
later revitalized Poke

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how widespread your readership is but I want to say something just in case any of the Dallas Cowboys' coaching staff reads this blog. A pick must be designed into a play I would think. Another thing I would think is that any coach that has been around the NFL any length of time would know a pick is not legal. I would also think is a player would know a pick is not legal. So having said that let me ask this. What scatterbrained, shortsighted, dummy would design, call or allow to be called or involve themselves in a play that would create opportunity for a pick? Help me understand this. All you smart guys educate me here. ...to be continued

poke said...

im pretty sure my readership reaches the far corners of the world (which would include valley ranch)..however so far this year
none of the coaches have emailed me
asking for my personal input (you can tell that by our average record and ho-hum play cant you ?)
but in case ol Bill reads it before
next week...TAKE THE PICK PLAY OUTTA THE PLAYBOOK ! there you go

Anonymous said...

A couple of more things I would like to cover, is Romo really as good as he has appeared and is the recieving corps really that deep? I think I saw every reciever catch a ball. Tight ends catching 'em, wide outs catching 'em, backs catching 'em. People I never heard of were catching passes. Romo was bobbing and weaving and throwing and somebody was catching.
And do not let it go unsaid, Barber was playing a little smash-mouth.

Anonymous said...

big bro, i think the problem is (was) that we have a coach and, in bledsoe, a qb that only feels comfortable with players that they know well. players like crayton and sam hurd and to an extent even t.o. never got the chance to show what they could do because they hadn't built up trust with parcells and bledsoe would rather throw to terry glenn or witten. romo is willing to throw to anybody who gets open and the players are responding to that opportunity. so, yes, i think romo is that good and the receiving corps is that deep.

Anonymous said...

Have I mentioned I have made plans and have every intention on being in Texas Stadium Thanksgiving? Look for me on television, I'll be the one wearing the white, long-sleeve, pullover that says Cowboys.