Radio Free Texas

Saturday, November 26, 2005

too much to think about


first off, i gotta say i am sorry for not posting in 11 days.
i was concentrating so hard on what the Boys needed to do and the best
way for them to do it i just couldnt get loose to actually type anything.
well..that , and putting up the outside Christmas lights, practicing a Christmas
play, and the other 2 million things going on this time of year.
I hope everybody had a Happy Thanksgiving....i did until about 6:30 when that
guy from the Broncos , who had been released by the Giants, all of a sudden
turned into Superman and and just ripped my heart out in over-time at the Tabernacle.
It was a great day for Thanksgiving at Texas Stadium, not hot, not cold, plenty
of good food (cooked by my wonderful wife ), steaks, sausages, brocoli-rice casserole, jalepeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon.
You know..traditional Thanksgiving food ( for me anyway..i hate turkey.)
I'm sure if you told me on Nov. 13th that the Boys would win 2 of 3 games
played in 11 days i would have been very happy knowing that.
BUT...when we won AT Philly, then beat Detroit in a sloppy manner I guess I
let my hopes get too high. I got greedy. I wanted that 3rd win !!!!!!!
It was a great game to watch, they score, we score, they score, we score,
they score, we score. ( 21-21 at this point for all ya'll to lazy to do the math)
Then the sun peeked out from behind the clouds....the throwback uniforms were
beautiful....we had a chance to get a field goal and go ahead for the first time.
And we had Billy the Kid back..fresh off a 56 yard kick last week. This 34 yard
kick was gonna clinch the Happy Thanksgiving part.
But not Thursday, it wasnt gonna happen. Billy missed, wide left , not by much
but does that really matter ? He missed. It was at that point that i got a real
bad feeling in my stomach. ( and it wasnt the aforementioned menu items either)
The rest is just bad news and a couple days late so no sense in mentioning what took
place after that. Time to lick our wounds, and get ready to beat the New York
football Giants. ohhh yeah and finish getting those Christmas decorations up.
i will return with much more enthusiasm but that was just a tough loss to take.
later Poke

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had a few days now to digest everything Thanksgiving Day. I have pondered the loss. I've thought about Bledsoe's interception for a Seattle touchdown. I've thought about Billy the Kid's missed field goal. I have thought about the drive Seatlle put together for the winning score. There is one thing that stands out in my mind more than anything else. I didn't spend this Thanksgiving in John Sealy Hospital, Blocker Burn Unit this year and my Peanut is here and alive and we looked back at last year and found some things to laugh about. For that I am thankful.