Radio Free Texas

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A REVELATION

well it has happened again. 2 games into the season and i am slammed with a revelation. i followed my game day routine perfectly. i wore only dallas cowboy
clothing all day long, roy williams jersey, cowboy socks,shorts and even the lucky
underwear deal. i got out my emmitt smith record setting game day cap and wore it knowing it would get sweat saoked. i thought about the game all day long. i had the perfect pre game snacks and drinks for the tailgate party picked out. i got to the
stadium early and parked in my traditional lucky section C. i set up the pop up shade and got the table set. it was heaven . Texas Stadium was rocking even early which isn't always the case. Our little group(4) of fans whooped, hollered, waved towels, stood up a lot, slapped high fives...we did it all. we gave it everything we had.

even when the deadskins scored late we stayed positive but not over confident.
we STAYED FOCUSED....except for a late run to get a lemon chill to keep from
overheating. My son and I even turned our caps around backwards, inside out,
upside down, sideways...every which way but loose. we were 110 per centers.
i can't even talk today im so hoarse, my hands hurt from clapping so hard,
and my head is still roaring from all the noise. WE NEVER GAVE UP !!!!!

BUT...here it is, my latest revelation, which happens at least once a year
but i always forget it from year to year, heck even from game to game.

WHAT I DO HAS NO EFFECT ON THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME !!!!!!! AAAAAGGGHHHHHHHH
occasionally the crowd can really make a lot of noise and upset the other teams
offense, get your own team pumped up, but in the end the players have to make the plays, the coaches have to coach and you have to remember that the other guys in different colored jerseys are trying their best to upset what your team is trying to do.
It was still a blast being there, and yes i will do the same thing next time i get
a chance and the Cowboys are still my team. I may have to think about some new
underwear though........later Poke

No comments: