Radio Free Texas

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Its time for a WIN

December 31, 1967.
Its been over 40 years.
I was a kid, 11 years old.
The TV was in black and white.
The NFL was on CBS...always.
The field was frozen, so were the players, and the refs, even the marching band.
The Cowboys dug in, Jethro Pugh looked like a bull, pawing at the ground, trying to
dig a foothold so he can fight off the Packer lineman.
It didn't help.
Bart Starr scored.
I cried like a baby.
The Cowboys lost at Lambeau.
They have lost there since then but none stand out like that one.
I am sick of that memory.
I want to see the Boys leave their with a WIN.
Their first win at Lambeau, with a Wisconsin guy leading the way for the Boys.
That might not take away the pain from long ago, but it just might.
I have waited long enough. Just do it Cowboys !!!!!!
later....Poke

No comments: