Radio Free Texas

Sunday, October 01, 2006

first in a long time

okay..now thats the way the Boys should play.
BUT...i gotta admit something, something so bad i hang my head in shame.
i didnt see todays game. not one frazzling play. i wanted to. i tried to.
but i didnt. i couldnt get out of doing something else so i checked the handy tv guide on my cable box...saw where the Boys played at noon, on Fox, set up the oh so modern dvr, and went off doing my thing. avoided the radio and any people who might mention the score and thought about hurrying home to watch the game . i wouldnt even answer my cellphone cause i knew somebody would call and ask or tell me something about the game(ask my son)... perfect plan...imperfect world. you see the dvr i set up was in louisiana...the channel guide said the Good Guys would be on...but it lied. nope when i got home i had a recording of the saints-panthers game. whhooppeee. hey i like the saints, heck about a third of their team is ex-Cowboys, but i sure didnt want to watch them instead of the beloved Boys in Blue. so i apologize to all of Cowboy Fandom...dock my paycheck..i deserve it. and then to complete this fouled up
day of sports , in baseball the Cardinals lost...but so did the Astros. too bad big brother, it would have been the greatest comeback ever. anyway since i didnt see any sports, i guess i cant say anything about them today either..see ya'll next week.
later Poke
ps. and for those of you who know me, NO i did not throw a fit and break stuff and holler and all those other childish things. D!%&*&^%($FEC(&&^$. i feel better now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all i know, is that we've lost a coffee table, at the very least, to cowboy's related incidents.

haha. it was a great game and i'd say sorry you didnt get to see it, but i'd rather just rub in the fact that i saw it, while eating cajun-spiced wings and hanging out with one of my best friends.

hahaha. i can't wait until we finally get to watch a game together this year, even if it is on tv. its one of my favorite things to do.

Anonymous said...

Okay this is To Tell the Truth time. I borrowed that from an old television game show title for you youngsters and for the others, if you recognize it you're as old or older than me.
I did not see one pitch of my beloved Astros or one down of my brother's beloved Cowboys or one lap of NASCAR racing.
I had a chance to spend the entire afternoon with my daughter and I took it. We had a wonderful brunch at a new restauraunt here that features a sweet little 4 piece jazz band with of all things a stand-up bass and a grand piano.
I am confident Smoltz would have still pitched a gem against the Astros and I am confident Tennessee would have been just as impotent had I been home watching and Mark Martin continues to carry the torch for old guys.
There ia always next year for my Astros (a Cubs mantra), there is always next week for NASCAR and the Cowboys.
Baby girl and I talked and laughed and ate and talked and laughed some more. It may have been the best day of my life...again!