Radio Free Texas

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Out of the Closet

hah !!!! got you with that title i bet. different closet though.
i just cant stand it any longer, i have a secret to tell.
i want to get it off my chest before the season starts because it really
has nothing to do with wins and losses. okay...here it goes.
I DONT LIKE BILL PARCELLS. Ahhhhhh i feel so much better now.
sure he's the coach of my favorite football team. sure i even think he is
the best coach for us right now. after years of incompetence and yes men
jerry jones had to get a real coach. bill parcells is definitely a real coach.
until jones proved he could butt out and let a coach be the coach we were not
ever going to get anybody here worth a dern. parcells is a good coach, a winning
coach, a smart coach....but it still doesnt make me like him. Im not sure why.
it probably comes from the fact that for years he was the coach of the NY Giants
and we played them twice a year and sometimes they beat us. or it could be that its
because he is a yankee..you know..the whole speech, mannerism attitude thing. just rubs me the wrong way. for too many years we had coaches who at least acted like they
wanted to keep the fans happy, the media informed and project a whole "one big happy family " theme. he doesnt do that. or at least not very well.
do i wish him ill will ?? of course not, i am pulling for him all the way, i hope he
gets us to another super bowl win....soon really soon. and then i hope he takes his
grumpy, sarcastic, joisey sounding , condescending , smart aleck butt back up there.
its just a personal thing , if you dont agree i understand completely..later Poke

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I could care less what he sounds like.
He could sound Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, whatever... it doesn't matter.
He's all about winning. That's good enough for me.
I love it when Bill is condascending to the media....they deserve it. I'm sure he'd be respectful to us fans.

poke said...

just FYI...i only removed the first post here because it was an ad for "singles in my area ". i wont do that
if its just a comment that i disagree with or something like that.

Anonymous said...

I know it's only preseason but I saw something last night I've never seen before. A third down and 50 needed for a firdt down. Pop used to say something like third down and a cab ride. I'm not sure the fare would be affordable on a third and 50.